Multimedia journalist, producer, writer, film maker, photographer, investigator, researcher.
Freelance Reporter, Agence France Presse (AFP) Goma, DRC 5/13 – 11/13
· Created short news clips and photographs of breaking news in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Reporting Intern, Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International Musanze, Rwanda 3/13 – 7/13
· Created content and photographs for website, wrote a ten episode radio program on gorilla conservation translated and aired on local radio, updated organizations social media sites and drafted news letters for donors
Writer, Friends of Jimmy Carter’s National Historic Site New York, NY 8/12 – 1/13
· Wrote copy for new website, educational pamphlets, corporate grant proposals, and journalistic articles based on historical archival research and original interviews.
Radio Reporter, Pamoja FM Kibera Community Radio Nairobi, Kenya 8/11 – 1/12
· Created short daily content for radio programming, assisted head editor in editing and production with various stories. Produced two one-hour radio features, one on presidential elections in the DRC and one on corruption on Kenyan boxing leagues.
African Correspondent, Columbia Political Review New York, NY 3/11 – 5/12
· Wrote biweekly web features on news from the Great Lakes region. Provided photographs for all feature stories. Reported from Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Egypt
Documentary Producer, Vice Media Goma, DRC 6/13 – 12/13
· Developed, researched, pitched and produced a documentary series about culture in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Worked on location with fixers, creating shoot schedule, managing budgets, as well as hosted each episode
Documentary Producer, “Maison Pour La Vie” North Kivu, DRC 8/13 – 12/13
· Researched, found characters, coordinated shooting schedule, managed budget and general production of a short documentary which is now being entered into film festivals.
Event Coordinator, African Fashion Fair Nairobi, Kenya 8/11 – 10/11
· Worked with a team to organize three-day event. Responsible for organizing castings, coordinating with designers, contacting financial sponsors, hiring stage crew and set designers, contacting local and international media
Managerial Assistant, Kenmare Restaurant New York, NY 09/09 – 05/11
· Assisted manager of popular restaurant and club in daily tasks such as payroll, inventory, schedules, private events, bookkeeping, reservations etc.
Weekend Office Manager, Prudential Carruthers Reality Pikesville, MD 09/08 – 09/09
· In charge of all office duties on weekends, including updating listings, creating brochures, scheduling showing appointments, bookkeeping, and office inventory
Columbia University, New York, New York, May 2012
Bachelors of the Arts in American Studies and African Studies
GPA: 3.5, Departmental Honors
Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, Maryland 2004-2006
Continuing Education courses in dark room and digital photography